Labels

Friday, November 18, 2011

Ribbon Headbands

Before Elaina was born I bought tons of big bows, hats, and bands for her to wear. I was so excited to do hair stuff.  My little Elaina though was born with a lot of hair but then lost it.  So when I could finally bring her home 5 weeks later and put those pretty hair bows on they were bigger then her head.  They just looked weird.

So I decided that we were NOT going without bows but that I needed to come up with something else.  I collect ribbon (aka when it is on sale I stock up).  I figured that I could just make her a thin headband from ribbon with some elastic in the back.  I also discovered that they were perfect for everyday use instead of just big picture moments.  They look great stacked too (more then one or paired with another small bow).

Here is how.

Materials:
Ribbon, small plastic hair tie, scissors, hot glue, candle!


Step 1:
Cut ribbon to desired length. I went about 15 - 17 inches.


Step 2:
Melt both ends of the ribbon so they don't fray.


Step 3:
Fold and hot glue ends of ribbon to opposite sides of hair tie.  Be careful that the ribbon is not twisted.
  

Step 4:
Tie a small bow and melt the ends so they don't fray.


Step 5:
Stitch the bow onto the headband.  I did mine a little to the side. You have to stitch on because if you hot glue little finger can pull off.



And your DONE!


Here are some other pictures of my little Lainey Bug styling her hair bows.


HAD to have
Pink.
Stacked with a black
flower for Halloween.
Added a felt flower
onto the bow.

Cardinals for Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment