Labels

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Clothes Pins

My mother in-law, Teresa, did this one first and used them as chip clips. She let me pick what I wanted to take home. Our pantry and fridge are full of them now.


I had been using small clothes pins left over from another craft to clip the matching bottoms to the hangers of Elaina's cute outfits.  After receiving our cute chip clips it got me thinking.
So after getting the steps from Teresa I made a bunch for Elaina's closet. I went a little crazy and had a couple hundred made. I gave them to friends with little girls and even used them in my closet to hang my skirts up.

So as you can see there are endless uses for this craft.  Gift it, use it in your closet, add a magnet for the fridge, clip a card on a gift bag, use it as a chip clip or any other idea you may have. They are practical, cheap, and cute.

Materials:
Clothes pins, scrap book paper, mod podge, sand paper, buttons, thread, and hot glue

Step 1 (optional):
I didn't paint or stain my clothes pins but Teresa did. It is up to you.

Step 2:
Measure the length and width of the clothes pin and cut paper to size. Do not be deceived. Not every type is the same. Spoken from experience. If you have a paper cutter this is super easy and fast.

Step 3:
Paint a thin layer of mod podge on the clothes pin and smooth paper over it.

Step 4:
Sand the edges to soften the edges and ruff up the paper.

Step 5:
Mod podge again.

Step 6:
Hot glue a button on.  You can thread the holes or leave it plain.  Thread or joot rope works good.  I used cross sketching thread.  You could use any type of embellishment.

And done.


Try it out. Let me know how you pin it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment